An athletic shape is identified by:
- Sporty, strong shape with few curves
- Shoulders and hips are the same width
- Long arms and legs
- Small waist and boobs
Oliva’s Top Tips for women with Athletic figures
1. It is important to be aware of the fabric of the clothes you are buying – go for soft floaty fabrics with feminine patterns so soften your shape. Animal print also works really well for athletic figures.
2. Ruffles are another great way to soften your frame – they work especially well on your top half.
3. A-line skirts with flat waistbands define your waist and add structure to your middle.
4. Avoid plunging necklines, they can make boobs look small – an empire-line will work better.
5. Pull in your waist with a wide belt to create some curves – trench coats are a great choice as they will really define your shape.
6. Floaty dresses with thin straps will instantly add femininity. Short, fitted dresses also work really well and show off your long slender legs perfectly.
7. Draped, waterfall cardigans are great for athletic figures, the offer the opportunity to layer and soften, and will diffuse broad shoulders.
More from the how to dress for your Shape series